Transcripts save you time and help you quickly find every bit of information that was discussed. They're also handy to share with someone who was not present in a meeting.
In this article, we’ll show you how to automatically record captions in Google Meet and then get the transcript of your Google Meet call.
You can use other methods outside this article, like a paid transcriber that charges per minute of video footage, but these can be expensive. And transcribing meetings manually by writing notes makes you less engaged in the meeting.
With Tactiq, you can automatically record a Google Meet transcript without even recording a video and autosave the transcript to Google Drive too!
Here’s how you can save Google Meet captions:
How to record and save captions of Google Meet with Tactiq
Tactiq is a free Chrome Extension that lets you automatically save generated captions from your meetings as transcripts. Here’s how you can record and download a transcript for your Google Meet meeting.
- Start by adding the Tactiq extension to Chrome (or Microsoft Edge).
- Click the “Install” button.
- Choose google meet and any other platforms you use for meetings.
- Click sign up to create an account.
- Now that your extension is installed, you can join a new Google Meet meeting and see Tactiq widget on the right side of the screen.
- See captions in real-time by opening the Tactiq icon in the widget.
- After your meeting ends, Tactiq will save these captions as a transcript in your google docs and Tactiq account
Voila! You’ve just transcribed and recorded a transcription of your meeting. Congratulations on automatically generating your first transcript with Tactiq.
Customise your Google Meet captions
Once you’re done with all the installation from the earlier steps you can customise your captions in Google Meet with Tactiq
Here are some of the ways you can customise captions:
- Show Live Captions: You can see the live captions in real-time by clicking on the caption button in tactiq widget “CC” or read the whole transcript inside the widget
- Change the language of your captions: select other languages by clicking on the “English” button. You can save captions in Spanish, French, German, Portuguese
- Autocorrect words: autocorrect names, terms or words with your selected alternative
Review your transcript
Once the transcript is saved you can review it out by clicking on the blue document button. Your transcripts include the speaker's name, timestamps, highlights, tags and any screenshots you add. Here you can Highlight the key quotes and summarise the meeting to make it easier to find the important parts later.
Share your transcript
Sharing your transcript through Tactiq with just a few clicks. Share the link in an email, add your transcript to Google Document or Notion.
You now have everything you need to save captions in Google Meet and get a transcript of meetings. And you can always refer back to a transcript when searching for the meeting outcomes, action items or talking points.
Plus, you never need to manually write notes, disengaged from the conversation frantically typing. You can focus stress-free.
With a simple transcript tool like Tactiq you can easily find any what was discussed months ago whenever you need to!